Monday, July 8, 2019

Webinar on Research Findings

I wanted to let you know that my research into the role of fairness in collaboration is now complete.  I will be giving a webinar summarizing the findings, along with an introduction by Jennie Curtis of the Garfield Foundation. The webinar will be held on July 25 at 11:00 Central Daylight Time. You can register here. And please feel free to invite others. 

To complete the research, I surveyed 85 members from 57 unique networks, engaged in facilitated dialogue with 20 network practitioners, and interviewed 12 thought leaders. Some of the most interesting findings had to do with how men and women experience different levels of fairness, and with concerns about authentic decision-making in networks. You can learn more about my research through previous blog posts I kept along the way. I'm excited to share what I've found and hear your own interpretation of the data!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this vital work for humanity. Understanding the limits on cooperative systems is critical to overcoming them. I've been doing research and developing a protocol to implement Shapley Value and Network Operads (a method within Category Theory) to adequately represent value contributions and establish a shared ontology for value flows. I'd love to connect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds interesting Jonny! Do you happen to have any links to share?

      Delete
  2. Sorry that I missed your webinar. I would love to see your findings when you are ready to share them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, the webinar actually isn't until July 25, still time to join. But I plan to post recording here afterwards as well.

      Delete